more adjectives to help define 'fatigue' vectors?

My apologies in advance for posting a naive question, and perhaps erroneously posting this in 'speakers' rather than 'amps' as well, but my efforts to find this answer via search are failing me...

I understand, I believe, what 'fatigue' itself means. But I don't understand in the slightest the causes/mechanisms of it in a listening situation.

I assume there must be myriad causes - but can they be grouped or categorized...and explained in something approaching layman terms?

Fatigue induced by speakers, amps, poor power, etc...do they all have something in common that I'm missing?

Or are they all completely different conditions that result in the same general 'fatigue' outcome?

Perhaps fatigued, perhaps not;
Barry
soundgasm
It's a nebulous term at best but for me fatigue is when I reach the point of not enjoying the presentation. Could be 5 minutes or 5 hours.

I'm sure you'll get dozens of descriptions, none of which are wrong due to the pure subjectivity of the term.
The decreased capacity or complete inability of an organism, an organ, or a part to function normally because of excessive stimulation or prolonged exertion.
love that Entrope.

...is it generally safe to say that the type of excessive stimulation audiophiles experience, and describe as fatiguing, is generally high frequency information? That the HF portion of the experience is where folks are finding themselves overly exerted?
I've experienced fatigue and it was the high frequencies. If you really want to experience it, I know for sure that Rotel and B&W speakers with the metal domes will fatigue most anyone. Add in the silver speaker cable and prepare for fatigue gone wild.
Soundgasm said, "But I don't understand in the slightest the causes/mechanisms of it in a listening situation."

Its all about room acoustics. Bad room acoustics will do this
See this post,

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1271030767&read&3&zzlSoundgasm&&

Bob