Zu Essence vs B&W

I am looking to upgrade from Klipsch RF-7s to Zu Essence but would also like to consider B&W. Any thoughts on how the Essence compare to 803s or even 803d? I listen to mainly rock and singer song writer (Avett Brothers, Bealtes, David Gray, Floyd, Stones)
macallan7
The Spire would certainly be on my list, vocals are my top priority, i just don't want to be limited in what I can play. If the Spires can handle Floyd and Zeppelin then they may be the ticket.
... larger soundstage and ... smoother more present mid-range

I have not heard B&W 803's, but if your goal is as stated, this is exactly what Zu will give to you - IN SPADES!- IF properly set up. I don't think you can get better soundstage or more present mids than you can with Zu. They are phenomenal in this regard.
I would advocate that you ask your dealer to let you borrow a pair of Von Schweikerts and try them out with your equipment and in your room. If you pay close attention to speaker placement I would be very surprised if they didn't sound awesome for the type of music you listen to.

Also, do any of your local dealers carry any of the French speaker lines: Focal, JM Reynaud or Triangle? All of these are somewhat different, of course, but I find that all of the French speaker manufacturers create a lush yet detailed sound that is stellar for vocals and instumental music.
i haven't heard the Essence, but I have 805's and if you're into honey smooth mids/crystal clear highs, you cannot go wrong with 800 series

with proper amplification, vocals are SO smooth and airy, imaging and soundstage is off the charts if placed properly

the only thing you might need is a subwoofer, if you're into bass that is.. for a small room, i think the bass they provide is fine