Zu Essence vs B&W

I am looking to upgrade from Klipsch RF-7s to Zu Essence but would also like to consider B&W. Any thoughts on how the Essence compare to 803s or even 803d? I listen to mainly rock and singer song writer (Avett Brothers, Bealtes, David Gray, Floyd, Stones)
macallan7
No local stores, but they are doing a road tour, so check out their site they might be coming to some place local to your area.
11-05-09: Macallan7
Understood, but Zu does not sell to any local stores, I have heard the 802d but not the 803d. I have listened to Martin Logan, Klipsch, B&W and Von Schweikert.

that's quite good!
what are your impressions of the 802D sonics? when you reply, please state the components of the system that the 802Ds were connected to.

I would also like you read your impressions of the Martin Logan & Von Schweikert specifically in regards to why you thought that these speakers could not deliver what you are looking for. Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks. I heard the 802d with an all Mcintosh front end, C2200 and MC402, sounded huge and very smooth, the top end was "sweeter" than my klipsch. The VR4-jrs were driven by an Arcam receiver, very smooth but nothing spectacular. The MLs were Vantages driven by Krell 400xi, these were my favorites but so inconsistent, on some songs they were awesome, on others thin and harsh. I like aspects of the electrostatic sound but I also like heavier music like the Bealtes White Album or the Stones. My Klipsch are actually very enjoyable once I added a tube preamp (Juicy Peach II) and a powerful amp (B&K 200.2) I am very into singer songwriter music so I want the vocals to be as smooth and 3-D as possible but do not want a speaker as limited as the ML.
How much are you looking to spend? I have owned klipsch and B&W in the past. I feel that klipsch's weak point is their vocals and I feel that B&W strong point is there vocals. I really like the 803s and think it would fit your bill. I feel that in the price range of the 802D there are better speakers (thiel 3.7, Martin Logan spire, Wilson Sophia, etc). But a used pair of 803s will bring a lot of the "B&W sound" with a much smaller price tag.

One thing is to keep in mind what you are use too. The are RF-7s are some what bright and forward. The ZUs might just be too different... But I think B&Ws will out class the Klipsch on almost all areas.

Also keep in mind that a used pair of Martin logan spire are under 5 grand and I think they are a big step up from the Vantage. I had both the spire and 802d in the same room for a demo. The 802d imaged much better but was also more "colored" though the midrange ( and need moster amps). the bass was faster and more controled on the spire. The highs were both top notch!
The Spire would certainly be on my list, vocals are my top priority, i just don't want to be limited in what I can play. If the Spires can handle Floyd and Zeppelin then they may be the ticket.