Zu Essence vs B&W

I am looking to upgrade from Klipsch RF-7s to Zu Essence but would also like to consider B&W. Any thoughts on how the Essence compare to 803s or even 803d? I listen to mainly rock and singer song writer (Avett Brothers, Bealtes, David Gray, Floyd, Stones)
macallan7
I am looking to upgrade from Klipsch RF-7s to Zu Essence but would also like to consider B&W. Any thoughts on how the Essence compare to 803s or even 803d? I listen to mainly rock and singer song writer (Avett Brothers, Bealtes, David Gray, Floyd, Stones)
Macallan7

good grief! The Zu speaker is so different from the B&W because of the driver technology & the overall design philosophy that it wouldn't be right to make a comparison. Or, atleast to me, the comparison would not be meaningful.

It appears that you do not know which way you want to lean - full range driver speaker OR multiple driver speaker. Maybe you need to decide that before you start making a short list??
Or, if you have the chance, go listen to the Essence & N803 or 803D & see what you think of the reproduced sound...
i guess I want to know which one would be better suited for my taste in music, I don't care about the technology involved. I want a larger soundstage and a more immerse sound than my Klipsch with a smoother more present mid-range.
I don't listen to the kind of music you do however I think the Essence should be on your list. My concern and reason I sold them was with the lack of mid intimacy coupled with the ribbon being a little on the hard side.

I do listen to Floyd and for that, you want to look at speakers that go less than 30 Hz otherwise too much of the music is cut out. I had fun listening to Pink Floyd on the Essence but they lacked in too many other areas for me.