Help me chose: Verity - PBN Montana - Gemme Audio

Greetings

I am looking a pair of used speakers and the following are available near me:
PBN MONTANA EPX - $5491

I do not have anything today :/ I miss listning to music through some "real" speakers. What I do have however is a source. I will use Modwright Transporter to play FLAC/Wav.

I would consider myself a musiclover foremost and audiophile second. What I mean is that I am not looking for a super detalied sound that will make bad recordings sound shit. I hate thin sound and treble that gives you headache. Detailed and organic is what I am looking for, I think. I want to be emotional engaged in the music.

I would rather give up some detail for speakers that breath life.

Bad recordings can not be fixed, that I know.

Sorry for my bad english, I am Swedish ;)

Thanks.

.Sebastian.
akatora
I have owned two pairs of SP2s, the SPX and the EPS2. I think the SP2s are the sweet spot of the line, I just never did warm up to the bigger speakers. Peter makes a great product, but they do not hold their value well on the used market for some reason. I have since moved on to something different that I like more than any of the Montanas I owned, but I still have fond memories of those SP2s.....

Shakey
I haven`t heard the Karmas, but Montana and Verity. Sadly not yet been the owner, still using my old but still quite good Infinity Omega 1999.
For an overall use, I would choose Montana KAS2, they manage to give a stunning soundstage for my range of music.
Raidho or Verity I would prefer if I was only to classic, but overall KAS2 is just very good.
I once heard a session with some old XPS with a DQX room correcting system. Playing H.I.M it was just so cool. Really full range and filling the room completely.
So my bottom line is Montana/PBN value for money, but they need excellent gears for reading and amping.
Bladelius Gondul 3 together with AX and KAS2 and I want nothing more.
I thought I'd chip in...I really wanted to like Katanas, they're just beautiful and easy to drive. Reviews were about how easy they are on the ears and so on. Well, they do throw a huge soundstage which was impressive and the detail is there and to my ears, they don't sound natural, sound quite artificial, can't really decribe it but I couldn't get lost in the music. Just my opinion, of course
I have not heard any of these speakers but have read this whole thread. I find it interesting that there has not been a single comment on the Reference 3A Grand Veena - speakers which have been highly touted by MANY.

I bring this up simply because I have an interest in the Grand Veena and stumbled upon this thread for insight. Funny that no observation of the Veena has been given.

James
>I find it interesting that there has not been a single comment on the Reference 3A Grand Veena<

Could it possibly be because no comments were solicited for those speakers? And most of the people contributing to the thread obviously weren't very interested either........

Shakey