Magico Mini II vs. Magico V2 comparison

Hello,

I am looking for new speakers for my system.

After auditioning many famous brands I found the Magico V2 to be simply outstanding in my system. This is the best speaker I have tried in my own listening room. The second speaker I was comparably impressed were old Guarneri Hommages. Other speakers I have tried did not impressed me or simply played bad.

The room is 20’ long and 13’ width. The amplifier is 60W Jadis JA-80.

For my room I prefer monitor speakers than floorstanding. Doeas anybody compared directly side by side Magico V2 and Magico Mini II? I am especially interested in bass preformane. Is Mini II has less bass than V2 it will not suits my taste. The bass of the V2 is just enough for my room.

If somebody compared new Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento with Magico Mini II I will be also grateful for opinion.
milimetr
I have MAGICO MINIS and love them .I did hear Sason speakers at Ridge street Audio Design Room 437 Rocky Mountain in 2008 they sounded fine heard them with my wife in two more Friends they all agreeded MAGICO MINI 2 Much better faster better highs etc.If thats all you have to spend they are a good speaker at the price.
To the original Poster...Milimetr---

Back to the excellent Mini's or the V-2 for a moment...

These are very fine speakers,but they are very sensitive/responsive to room placement(a good thing).I had a hand in setting up a Mini system,so I know it well.I doubt anyone will not state that these work best by giving them a good amount of room to breathe.

Unfortunately,in the set up I had a hand in,the particular owner was handcuffed with a terrible,and very crowded room.Not to mention a life partner who was so angst driven,and loaded with "anger issues",that "he" could not so much as move the speakers "one inch",without having to do it on the sneak....A recipe for disaster,sadly!

Anyway,this set up measured very poorly,when an experienced audio friend ran a sweep on it.It was off by almost ten db at 60-80 hz....Unfortunatley,there were more problems,as the room had so much clutter,that the speaker was a shell of how I had heard it even at a show condition...where it was superbly driven by VAC tubes.In this home set up though,the soundstage was non existant.

My point being be very careful with these speakers,as they are literally a microscope on the rest of the system.They happen to be "that good"!It is nice to get one's money's worth,so be careful,which I'm sure you are qualified to do-:)

I assume the V-2 would certainly add more bass,and the need for a redundant sub would not be an issue.It is not an issue with the Mini either(as that speaker can sound superb)but make sure to give either of these speakers what they "deserve".

Good luck
OBVISOUSLY SIR SPEEDY HAS A PERSONNAL VENDETTA AGAINST ME AND MY WIFE. THIS HAS NO PLACE IN AUDIOGON. IT IS CHILDISH. THIS SHOULD BE A PROFESSIONAL FORUM! I love my system but i love live classical music more.