Monitors to replace Dynaudio Confidence C1's

I have been on the sonic merry-go-round since trying to make peace in my home by moving from floor standers to monitors. More specifically, from Dynaudio Contour 2.8's to Confidence C1's. I have been a Dynaudio guy for a long time, so I tried a number of different equipment combos, but just can't wrap my sonic brain around the C1.....

This week I moved around the furniture a bit (ok, quite a bit) and set up the old 2.8's. Sweetness! Right there in my room with the same equipment that was hooked to the C1's. The C1's are more accurate...or tighter images anyway, but they just don't involve me in the tunes. They are just drier and less 3D.. tighter, but less rounded images on a very large, stable and quiet stage, they are great for analyzing, but not great for falling into the music.....

I need monitors to continue in my marital bliss, so, I did some due diligence and am looking at these monitors below to get back to some soul in the music with a little more warmth and better timbre, but continued great stage, extension and detail. Any insight (or other suggestions) would be very appreciated.

Lipinski 707
Totem Mani-2 Sig
Escalante Pinyon

Also-rans include: Monitor Platinum PL100, Merlin TSM MXE, but they look fast and dry-ish like the C1's.

Thanks out there and enjoy the tunes!
budburma
I owned a Karan KA I-180 before my current Burmester. I have monitors myself, and when I auditioned the C1's with the Karan, they sounded great.

I think that your problem is not in your amp or speakers, but elsewhere. Have you sat down with your audio dealer and discussed this situation and asked for his thoughts?
I own C1s and have owned several different Harbeths. If you can find one to listen to, I think the new JM Reynaud Duet is quite interesting. Coming from the C1, the bass will be a big letdown, but then that will be true of most any monitor The Duets have warmth, sweetness, clarity, and musical engagement up the wazoo. Ultimately they are not in the same league as the C1s ($2,000 vs. $6,500), but I enjoy them a lot.
Nothing comes close to the sound and appearance of the Marten Design Dukes. I just replaced my Special 25’s after many years with absolutely no remorse. Paired with Crimson speaker wire and powered by VTL magic (aka ST-150), I’ve stopped making adjustments and enjoy the music. My girlfriend compared the two by describing the Special 25’s as boxy and masculine, whereas the Dukes are sexy and feminine (in piano black). She also agreed the Dukes just sound more musical. I could go on and on about PRaT, cermaic drivers, sound staging, etc., but you need to do your own research. If you like, send me an email and I’ll put you in touch with my NJ based sales consultant.

Tony
(Lou’s friend – NYC 2.8’s - LOL)
I have Mission 780 monitors and they are very musical, balanced, detailed and play fairly loud...you might try their successor the 790 or 792:

http://www.mission.co.uk/ranges.php?range_id=6&type_id=3§or_id=1