Bookshelf Speakers with “Big” sound?

I’m trying to identify a bookshelf (monitor) speaker that will give a big, full sound. Budget up to $2,000

These will be located in a larger living room. For aesthetic reasons I’m pursing bookshelf speakers. Currently these would be mated with Rega electronics, and someday I may move back to tube-based equipment.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy
rbschauman
I had a similar problem lately. I had a full range floorstander (Alon1) that I needed to shrink. I ended up with a pair of Totem Mani2, with good stands they can be found under $2k. I have always enjoyed the sound of Totem speakers and I always thought I would end up with a pair eventually. The Mani 2's are not where I thought I would start. They do present a few problems no.1 being - They must be properly powered and good cables are a must. That said they do play big, real big, with a very refined, expensive sound. These can run with the big dogs. They wouldn't be my choice if low level listening was important to me. I don't know if that is a result of my system or not, but they seem to lose some of the appealing dynamics at lower spl's.
It might be a speaker you want to consider.
Best of luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

Z
I wouldn't put monitors in a large living living room, but if you must, then the Usher Be-718 on stands will probably be up to the task.

Rich
How about a pair of B&W 805s? I had some for a time and actually found that their sound was too big for my needs and desires. (First lived in an apartment, then a condo.) They, too, were not near their best at low listening levels, but once you get 'em going a bit, they sound fabulous -- and big!
Good luck.
-- Howard
Most Monitors with good quality stands take up as much room as many floor standers, will these "bookshelf" speaker be actually put on a shelf?
Coincident Triumph Extremes occasionally come up used. A little over budget new but they will be just waiting for the time you move back into tubes!