Best floorstanders under $600

I'm looking at Monitor Audio BR5's and Wharfedale 9.6's. I like Evo 30's but can't afford them. I know both of these are mid-fi speakers but all my budget will allow. Has anyone heard both? Can you pass on stregnths + weakness?
Are the BR5's worth $100 more?
If you know the Wharfedales, how do 9'5's compare to 9.6's?
I can't audition so I'm collecting as much info as possible.
I would also listen to any other brand suggestions for towers under $600.
I listen to mostly rock, some jazz and classical.
I have a sub but would like the towers to be able to stand alone. 60% music/30% movies/10% admiring.
Many thanks
griffinconst
05-23-09: Willland
Klipsch Forte's. $400 to $600 in used market. From my experience, most Klipsch owners of these classic or heritage speakers take good care of them.
Or at a list price of $658/pair, consider the in-production Klipsch RF-52 column speakers, with the more modern touches of a narrow baffle with dual metallized woofers and a horn-loaded titanium dome tweeter instead of compression driver. They have the Klipsch trademarks of very high sensitivity (96 dB), clarity beyond their price range, ability to play loud cleanly, and bass extension (to the mid-30s). The Perfect Vision (a TAS spinoff) gives a very favorable review here.
I would check out the Silverline Preludes presently on agon for $625...a step ahead of the ones you are refenceing. maybe you can get a better deal.
Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the advice.
Do arro's have good bass? Please tell all.
"Do arro's have good bass? Please tell all."

Not the dynamics and meat on the bones of some of the best, but I'd say the bass on Arros properly driven is extraordinarily good for a speak in its price range and especially with such a small footprint. It is in the same league as many speaks costing 2-4 times as much I would say. Surely better than Maggie mmg, which I also like very much in its price range. Maybe not as extended as Klipsch Forte.