Advice on speakers?

Looking for a pair of floor standers in the $1500 to $3000 range. I don't mind used ones. My room is 30'x18'. I will use for both music mainly and home theater. I plan to buy separate pre pro/amp later this year. I have a Nakamichi av-10 now. Thanks.

Joe in Mobile
magsterone
There was a pair of OHM Walsh 5 series 3 speakers ($6000 new) advertised recently here for $3200. Assuming that deal is all kosher as advertised, you could hardly do better at most any price than those IMHO. An amp change/upgrade would probably be in order afterwards though in order to get the most out of them.
There are a couple pair of used Daedalus DA-1 speakers that I know of, the owners upgraded to the DA-1.1 and are selling their previous DA-1's. I can put you in touch with them if you like. Once these are sold the chance of finding a used pair of Daedalus will be very slim, they are held on to.
check some of the reviews here, ( cut and paste the url in the brackets)

hope this helps,
Lou

[ http://www.daedalusaudio.com/review%20JCC.html ]
i am partial to panel speakers. i would recommend the magnepan 3.6, or quad 63, or a used pair of apogee.
I would get a pair of ZU Druids. They are incredible at the current prices of $1,700. You can add a $1,300 tube amp and have a system that works for both music and theatre - just switch out the speaker wires. The NAK av receiver is great for theatre but it will never give you fidelity for 2 channel listening. You will just get frustrated. I also love Magnapan speakers but you need the right amplification and the NAK is not even close to what you would want in my opinion.