Dimple in speaker driver cone

I have a pair of Thiel CS 1.6s that have a quarter size dimple in one the driver cones of one speaker that a friends curious child created when he pushed his finger into my speaker (damn him). Can that dimple be removed by moi? Or do I need to have it repaired or replaced by the manufacturer?
umalum1990
Thorman...

LMMFAO!!!!

...sorry Umalum...I couldnt help myself either...

(still lol..)
Come on Thorman, you can't stop there! You left out the best part - the deflowering of the slotted port...

"Dear Stereohouse Forum - It all started when a pair of twin Thiel 1.6s showed up on my doorstep. I knew it was going to be a night to remember..."

Seriously though, if it's an aluminum driver, you're going to have a hard time resolving it short of removing the driver and, dare I say it, gently massaging it as Timrhu suggests.

Good luck!

If the above "suggestions" don't work....take a thread and put a dab of super glue on the tip. Hold it to the center of the dimple till it dries. Borrow Tvad's hair dryer and warm it up a little bit, then slowly pull the dimple out.

When you are done cut the thread from the driver.

I haven't tried this myself so you will need to sign a waiver. Any one else tried the superglue/thread method?

Keep us informed.
TVAD's hair dryer and vacuum suggestion is right on and has worked for me. You don't want to let the vacuum attatchment touch the cone. I would sugget you use the brush attatchment so there is some control over the amount of suction.