Daedalus

All, there is some info here on some of Daedalus' larger models. Anybody have the DA-RMa monitor? I'm wondering if anyone has experience and any feedback on these.
Thanks
jimmy2615
You and I are in the same boat, Dodgealum. Probably like many here we have to use what we have the best we know how. The tube trap reference was referring to your runaround of using, perhaps unknowingly, substitutes for actual tube traps. Your corner bookshelf and a house plant probably do a very similar service in breaking up the two back corners of the room :-) Again, no disrespect was intended in the least bit in anything I said. Since Grant seemed to be asking about one area of performance, and you made a very specific response, I just thought that I should point out that your observations (as anyone's) should be put into perspective. Grant's response occurred to me as very 'finite', though he may not have meant it that way.

By way of a personal example; I've had several pairs of Silverline SR17 monitors over many years. I've used them in perhaps half a dozen different rooms with various systems. In some they did an astounding disappearing act (which I believe is a strong suit of that speaker), while in others their soundstaging abilities were limited by the room, the system or both. Had I only had the less ideal room/system to judge them by I would probably opine that they were lacking in that area. So there is yet another consideration in reflecting upon answers of such a query. Just food for thought, I guess.
Gotcha! The bookshelf and plant are there for "decorative purposes"--I never really thought of them as having any sonic benefit but I suppose they do help to some degree. Thanks for clarifying and absolutely no offense taken regarding any of your remarks. Someday I'm going to head out to Lou's shop and see what his speakers can do in a dedicated space with the right electronics. It may be a real eye opener!
I just took delivery of my new ebonized walnut DA-RMa's this afternoon; Lou tells me they need another 70-100 hours to really sing at their best. After about 1 hour I'm really pleased with the sound, soundstage and imaging. These are replacing my JM Lab Micro Utopias (modified with all cardas wire and solder) which are very nice in their own right but are going into a second system.

The DA-RMa's are certainly throwing a taller, deeper soundstage than the Micro Utopia's. So far imaging is very similar (and good). As far as doing the disappearing act, I certainly don't hear any boxlike colorations, and even this early on, I haven't had any speaker sound this 'natural' in my setup.

Just excited enough to throw out some very early impressions!! And of course I chose it, but IMHO Lou's ebonized walnut cabinet is absolutely stunningly good to look at!!
My experience confirmed what Lou has told you about break in--they just kept getting better over the first 20-30 hours and then at around 100 hours the midrange just opened up right before my ears. My DA-1.1's sounded great right out of the box but boy once you get through the break in period things really get special! Rrsclyde, what are you using for the rest of your system? Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks Dodgealum :). My setup is as follows:

MW Transporter for a digital front end, Cary SLI-80 integrated amp and a REL Strata III sub x'ed over at about 36 hz at the moment. I will probably be hooking up a solid state amp tomorrow evening so I'll feel better about letting the system run 24-7 the next few days to speed up the speakers' break in.