go where after vandersteen 2ce

i bout a pr of technics sb-cr77 3 way at a yard sale. just out of curiosity i hooked them up vs my 2ce's, and in many ways they sounded better. they were louder, the hghs were clearer, the base was deeper in most music. i couldnt believe my ears. my wife listened and she said it sounded like the vandy's were on mute or diff volume or something was covering them. i do have sound comming out of the tweeter- so the speaker seems to be working fine I've never had a prob with them. cj is the power. im just dumfounded. in my mind the vandies are out. heeelllpp!!
bryon84
try them for two weeks and then go back

let us know how it goes

you may be surprised
I am not trying to be a snob but I find it hard to believe the Vandy was beat by those speakers, hell what do I know but I imagine something must be off with the Vandys.
chadnliz, if nothing appears to be sonically wrong with the vandys, can something still be wrong? just curious. dont know much about speakers. thanks bryon84. i did open up the box and the box was emty(about 20 lbs)and the wires going to the ind. speakers were about the size of yo yo string, so i wonder if i put insulation in them and good speaker wire in them how much better they would sound. the rock( radio) did sound a little hollow. but classical was almost identical(stravinsky). gerswin(sorry if i butchered the names) was much better in the technics.
I too believe the Vandy KO is unlikely. The new speakers likely have a spike that at first seems like fidelity and in time you will hear it as artifact. First impressions are often misleading. Your amp may just not be up to the task for the 2CE. They do very well with Quicksilver amps, preferably at least 60wpc, 90-120 if possible. They do need some power to stand up and bark, or they will sound dark, muted, and lifeless. CJ amps seem to be a bit dark in my opinion, perhaps too much of a similar flavor there. For SS amps, the PSE IV, or V monos are great with the 2CE. There are may others which will work with that speaker. I think the new speaker is likely more efficent and sounds louder for that reason. Check the sensitivity of the new speaker. Do not make decisions too quickly, evaluation takes time....Jallen
There are potentiometers on the back of the Vandys (mids/tweets).Maybe it's time to readjust these.