Swap my klipsch heresy's for Ohm walsh 2

I have an 20 year old pair of Klipsch Heresy's that are in
excellent condition that I can swap for a pair of Ohm
walsh 2's--I realize they are a completely different sound-
any thoughts?
128x128rbaker
marty,

Gotcha.

Rbaker, can you confirm if what you have are truly original Walsh 2s?

If they have the obelisk shaped cabinets rather than rectangular, and say "Walsh 2" on the labels, then that is likely what they are, unless, they were upgraded to 100 drivers.

Walsh 2's with 100 drivers have the crossover within the cage. Original Walsh 2's have the crossover board mounted in the bottom of the cabinet near the input connections.

If they are 100 drivers, then they could be either series 2 which became available in teh mid- 90's I believe or the newer series 3 which became available about 3 years ago or so.

By the way, within the last few months there is another new series of the larger drivers (not 100s yet, I believe) that have been unveiled on the ohmspeakers web site that supposedly use new drivers with better magnets and that are also said to be more efficient than prior series 3 (which is what I now own).
I own a pair of Walsh 2's. They are 25 years old and sound as good as the day I bought them. Many speakers have been in and out of my system. I cannot sell the Ohm's because while the other my mega buck speakers (my definition 8-10K) all sounded great in their own way, the w2's just sound right (do need a subwoofer in my opinion. To get the sort of imaging they provide, you otherwise need electostatics. They are just the best value I have ever found in a loudspeaker. They don't scream, they are well balanced. If you are used to the really bright high end of a horn, and like it, the W2's may disappoint. I've driven them with anything from a 50W NAD to a 300W McIntosh. I do not agree that they require a lot of power. The 50W was just fine...but depends on the size of you room. Good luck.
Thanks for all the input-I made the swap-mapman these are
the obelisk shaped cabinets-and do have the walsh2 logo,so far I am impressed with the sound.
They will replace the heresy's at our other home-I have owned several klipsch--lascala-in particular.No offense
to klipsch lovers but I just got tired of their sound.
The ohm's remind me of the ess amt 1b's I still have.
It amazes me that speakers 20-30 years old can sound as
great as they do-my main system has merlin tsm me with a
velodyne fsr-18--and IMO-it sounds awesome-but the ohm
and the ess are not far behind.Thanks.
RBaker,

Funny the OHMs remind you of ESS.

My first OHMs I bought, back in 1978 were my Ls. These replaced a pair of Lafayette Criterion short floorstandere that used the ESS HEIL air motion transformer.
Post removed