Mcintosh xrt20 or Gallo 3.1??

So which would you prefer and why. Would love to get some input on this. I might by XRT 20's to audition them, just don't want to waste a ton of money doing it. Would also like to know what anyone thinks the xrt 20s are worth.
gsxr750ccs
I've been working on placement, makes it rather fun as I have a warp in the floor around my speaker area, tons of laughs....not. I have them positioned right now so that each speaker points on its respective side about a foot away from where my head sits. I still can't decide if I like the closer or further apart though. On the plus side I drug out a pair of old Infinity's and having them in the room created a really nice bass effect.
Yeah, I know what you mean about the "classic" sound. If you look at my system you'll see I built some speakers that are a nice blend of new tech materials using CAD in an old school sealed box cabinet. I use them for my surround speakers (I play 80% stereo). Occasionally I listen to them as my main stereo speakers, just to get that warm rich baffle resonance :) Am even thinking of going to that next level and buying a tube amp to drive them: all just for nostalgia!

Now there is no doubt that both the Gallos Ref 3.1s I currently own and the KEF 104/2 I previously owned are better sounding speakers. No doubt at all. I love 'em, wouldn't trade'm and listen to them for hours on end. But every now and then, I do get nostalgic for warm overtones and resonance. Go figure!?
You might consider an in home trial of a pair of OHMs (www.ohmspeakers.com).

I use them with the A3CR amp and a tube DAC and pre and they are awesome. I auditioned the Gallo Ref's but prefer these and they have that nostalgic look and sound even perhaps you might take a liking to.
mac has made some incredibly ordinary speakers, but the xr20's are one of many exceptions(sounds better all the time). mapman has good advice as well.