Better speakers than Von Schweiker VR4jr under 3k

Are any one try better speakers than Von Schweikert VR-4 jr
Under $3000? Thanks.
jazzfan67
Arkio excuse me for saying this but it looks like you take advantage of people or consistently try to lowball? Hope you sleep well at night.
I agree with Shaky, it isnt hard to find a much better speaker for that amount and some of his list are great places to start. As far as the Vandersteen....if I could snag a used pair of Quatro's for $3000 I would in a minute!
Samzx12 - WTF
"take advantage of people"..."consistently try to low ball" Where do you get off insulting me? Its dolts like you that would buy a speaker for 10K and turn around and sell it the next day for 1/3 the cost and then insult people like me who are more then willing to take them off your hands. I hope you sleep well tonight after you finish listennig to you Bose wave stereo.

good listening.
I have the Von Schweikert VR4JR speakers and alsmost sold them - until I got rid of their datlink between the upper and lower modules and biwired the speaker with Morrow Audio SP2 silver/copper cables. Holy Schmoly! They are entirely different speakers once biwired. You need a cable that is split about 24 inches at the speaker end cause of the distance between the upper and lower module binding posts.

They have a very liquid mid-range, nice tight bass, and nice highs. Overall the presentation is, to me, highly pleasing and light years ahead of what you get using their stock connector between the upper and lower modules. These speakers love power; I run 300 wpc Shen Ya monoblocks (first 100 watts in class A)on these babies.

Selling these speakers would've been the bonehead move of the century.....
Wow! Between the taking advantage of people and Bose Wave radio comment I dont know who is playing more dirty:)