good speaker with Sound stage behind????

Any recommendations for tower speaker in price range $ 1500 where the soundstage is more in the back. I currently an listening to new Monitor audio RS8 and the soundstage sounds more forward to me.I even get a slight headache form listening.I have about 50 hours on them. Previously had NHT 2.5i which soundstage appeared behind but speaker to bright.

Thanks
ccfunkster
your new speakers aren't broken in yet, give them a couple hundred hours. also you setup maybe the problem....are the speakers out from the wall and not stuffed into corners or do they have big objects between them?

Larry
The Vandersteen 2CE Sig II is a great speaker that offers serious technology lofty drivers at bargain pricing and are not bright.
I would suggest you insist on listening to them if possible without any other speakers in the same room or near them.
Their claim to fame is time correct lofty drivers in separate enclosures which allows its lower diffraction.
the speakers will seem to disappear or integrate better than a typical Box type which allows the listener to be invited into a seamless listening expierience.
They also work well in most homes without room treatment, jumping thru hoops, and are electronic friendly. Furthermore you will most likely not need any bandaid cables that over tame brightness so feel free to remove any from prior abuse and try with a more neutral type cost effective wires like Alpha core goertz Kimber AQ Nordost Etc
Cheers Johnnyr
What are you driving them with? I agree the speakers are probably not broken in yet and you should absolutely experiment with placement as well, but bright or forward sounding electronics and/or cables could also be playing a big role here.
I hate jumping on bandwagons but from what you are describing, the Vandy's are the perfect fit. Depending on the size of your room the Model 1s, 2s, or 3s would fit the bill.
I had that kind of soundstage with JM Labs Electra 926's .
High deep and wide . But I also could get some staging right in front of me , as you complain about , and some behind me ! All with the same set up .

What I am eluding to is the fact that , at least a bit of it , is dependent on the recording and some of it will depend on the accompanying equipment .

And , as mentioned above , it can be dependent on your speaker arraingement as well .

Good luck .