can forum readers help with advice on speakers ?

I'd like to upgrade my Cambridge Sound works M80 Newton speakers to something a little better and am looking for any suggestions that can be offered by forum members. The listening living room is a medium sized to small room about 11 by 15 by 8 with 2 open doorways to the hall and dining room . I'm using a Jolida tube amp , Marantz CD player and Rega P2 turntable with Bellari phono preamp . The M80's are on heavy oak speaker stands, look beautiful ,and sound pretty good .... but fuzzy at times . I have no room for a subwoofer and would like to stay away from the skinny floor standers if possible . My budget is $1000 and the speakers need to be magnetically shielded as one is close to the television . I'm wondering if the large numbers of smallish speakers that abound are just not going to move enough air with a 5 or 6 inch woofer . It looks like the recent review of the Renaissance speakers in Stereophile magazine would fit the bill but I see 2 really negative reviews have cropped up on the internet by customers. Thanks for any tips
smokeylynx
I would argue that the GMA Continuum-1 used is the best sub-$1000 speaker you can find. I bought a pair a few years ago for $800 and have been solidly satisfied since. There's pair for sale right now on a'gon for the same price:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1225774313&/Green-Mountain-Audio-Continuum

Good luck.
the m80's are really good. i would wait till i had more to spend, and not worry too much about an upgrade for now. you could spend a grand and not make a big improvement.
Smokeylynx,

Just curious on your term "fuzzy at times". I wonder if part of that "fuzzy" might be your oak speaker stands resonating? Do your M80s sit directly on the stands, or do you have something (rubber pad, blue-tac, ect) between the top of stands and bottom of the speakers? Also, at the bottom, how are stands attached to the floor (spikes, pads, ect)?
Thanks everyone for chiming in with your comments , I had an LP listening session last night and the M80's do sound good indeed.... tho' I wish there was a bit more detail at times . There is material between the speaker and the stands and the stands themselves sit on a hardwood floor . The stands are the poor mans oak speaker stands from Target which are a heck of deal . Oak Stools that are solid and heavy and the tapering outward legs make me feel safe with our 3 yr. old granddaughter over every weekend knocking things around.
The one who must be obeyed arranges the color schemes in the house and she rules out any black or silver finished speakers . I think the thing for me to do is keep checking on Audiogon when I get closer to having the dough saved up and will get the better bang for my buck that way . If I can get something that sells for around my target price that was originally $1500 or so I'll be getting some better drivers inside the cabinets