can forum readers help with advice on speakers ?

I'd like to upgrade my Cambridge Sound works M80 Newton speakers to something a little better and am looking for any suggestions that can be offered by forum members. The listening living room is a medium sized to small room about 11 by 15 by 8 with 2 open doorways to the hall and dining room . I'm using a Jolida tube amp , Marantz CD player and Rega P2 turntable with Bellari phono preamp . The M80's are on heavy oak speaker stands, look beautiful ,and sound pretty good .... but fuzzy at times . I have no room for a subwoofer and would like to stay away from the skinny floor standers if possible . My budget is $1000 and the speakers need to be magnetically shielded as one is close to the television . I'm wondering if the large numbers of smallish speakers that abound are just not going to move enough air with a 5 or 6 inch woofer . It looks like the recent review of the Renaissance speakers in Stereophile magazine would fit the bill but I see 2 really negative reviews have cropped up on the internet by customers. Thanks for any tips
smokeylynx
I would argue that the GMA Continuum-1 used is the best sub-$1000 speaker you can find. I bought a pair a few years ago for $800 and have been solidly satisfied since. There's pair for sale right now on a'gon for the same price:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1225774313&/Green-Mountain-Audio-Continuum

Good luck.
the m80's are really good. i would wait till i had more to spend, and not worry too much about an upgrade for now. you could spend a grand and not make a big improvement.
Smokeylynx,

Just curious on your term "fuzzy at times". I wonder if part of that "fuzzy" might be your oak speaker stands resonating? Do your M80s sit directly on the stands, or do you have something (rubber pad, blue-tac, ect) between the top of stands and bottom of the speakers? Also, at the bottom, how are stands attached to the floor (spikes, pads, ect)?