Next step after B&W 802D

Hello,

I'm looking for upgrading my speakers. Would anybody have a suggestion for replacement of B&W 802D which would clearly improve?

System basicly is ARC REF3, Kronzilla SX, EMT 950, Lexicon RT10 (additional digital front end will be added soon) and all Cardas Golden Reference Cabling. (is on A'gon)

Thanks for your suggestions and input.
broederen

What is lacking with your 802D? Also what amps are you using?

I think 802D are pretty good all around speaker. But you can find better speakers. You also do not need to break the bank to do so. There are many speakers in the 802D price-range with different sounds you might like better. Just because you spend $25,000 on speakers does not mean you will like them better than your $14,000 802Ds....
I agree with Bar81. Define what you think you are lacking and, also, question whether the issues are not related to room acoustics. Along with speaker choice, that is the most critical and significant element. All else pales in comparison.

Kal
Speakers are very personal - you need to give more guidance.

Have you considered bass traps and acoustic treatments- this might be be the best improvement you could make - given you have a great speaker already...