Pre-amp recommendation

Hi
My 2 channel reference setup is almost complete.
I'm looking for a suitable pre-amp to complete the setup.
A few that I'm considering :
Cary SLP 05 (used)
Cary 98
Pass Labs X02 (used)
Budget is limited to $5K.
Any other brands are also acceptable

My setup
Source : Esoteric K01
Pre-am : Densen B200 (for now)
Amps : Threshold SA/1 mono blocks ( Mids & Highs)
Sub Amp : Gallo Ref SA
Speakers : Gallo 5LS

It's almost impossible for me to audition so any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

128x128shahzada123
"It's almost impossible for me to audition so any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Shahzada123 (Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

The preamp is the hardest and most important piece to get right. Lucky for you, almost impossible isn't the same as impossible. If I'm not mistaken, your K01 has a volume control. I would use that and wait as long as you have to, until you are able to select the right preamp. Otherwise, you'll just be doing all the usual things people do, when they don't get the right preamp. Cables, power products, tweaks, tubes...etc.
I would highly recommend using a tube based preamp because the esoteric can sound very "digital". If you look at tube preamps take your time and listen to at least 3 before you choose. It makes or breaks the whole system and is a key piece to get right. Tube preamps like Dhavilland's Ultraverve 3 sound fantastic without a lot of extras. I like the Manley Labs "Jumbo Shrimp" so much I bought one. I also really liked the sound of the Modwright 9.0SE with the internal tubed power supply (w/ NOS Mullard 5AR4) and the 2 NOS Tung Sol 5687's, this is one of the most beautiful sounding preamps IMO. Just one thing ...keep an eye on preamp output impedance and your amps input (at least 10x's difference is best). The Manley will drive almost any amp it outputs at 200 impedance. Good Luck!