Line Array speakers?

Hey everybody!

Do any of you own line array speakers? Which ones?

I heard some a couple days ago. Man, I thought I was in the Fillmore East at a Humble Pie concert! Wow!
diofan56
Hi DioFan,

I have also been doing a lot of research into line arrays the last few months. Depending on the new apartment or house I move in to the next few weeks, I should start finalizing some specs.

Part of me wants to design my own 3-way array (with lots of help from others) to maximize my buying power. But, I am also extremely impatient and would rather be able to enjoy music than spend 6 months or so fine-tuning.

Of course, this all depends on how big of a room I will ultimately have.
Monster cable tested the HT waters with a full HT line array system university audio in madison wi purchased a few pairs after monster deceided against releasing this system. Retail was $30000 but UVA was offering arround your price range. System uses Aura drivers in line arrays and including the Aura 15in woofers. I heard it for the cash if one wants a line array a very good deal. Myself I perfer front horns;) Dont know if they have any left they did have pairs listed on the gon.
Hi all!

I found a pair of line arrays. They were made by Dave at Art Of Sound for his own use. They have 6 Vifa mid-bass drivers and 6 Fountek ribbon tweeters in each cabinet. The cabinets are 64 inches tall and weigh in at about 175 pounds each. They sound darn good through my old Adcom gear.

Now...how do I post a picture of my system?

Dave
diofan56
You can get line array kits from Zalytron. Some of their kits are designed by Joseph D'Appolito, including the Axon Array-1. Dr. D'Appolito's spec sheet claims a sensitivity of 96dB. A Zalytron kit includes the drivers, crossover parts, and drawings. It doesn't include the cabinet, but you can either build it from the supplied drawings or in many cases, purchase the enclosure from Zalytron separately. The line array kits run about a grand plus enclosures. They use excellent quality drivers from suppliers such as Focal and Vifa.

AV123 offers a couple of line array speakers, the LS-6 at about $4500 and the LS-9 at about $6K. Ready-built, of course, and I believe they both use ribbon tweeters.
Congrats on getting the line array running.

I recently got my line arrays setup as well, and they are completely awesome. They are completely effortless with all dynamics.

I am running the Danny Richie (GR Research) designed LS6 arrays mentioned in this thread, built by AV123. The speaker in the corner had a pretty meaty bump at 50hz (20db or so), but I've run the Anthem ARC (room correction) built into the D2, to make them flat with +/- 2db 30hz-15khz (boosted 3db or so in the bass, smoothing down at about 120hz)

AV123 LS6