Owners of speakers by obscure companies chime in

Recently I discovered that there is a cottage industry out there producing some great speakers. Then I posted asking who are these companies and what speakers are they churning out. I was surprised at how many names popped up that I never heard of before. This time around we would like to hear from the owners and their experiences.
One last note, I beleive most of us realize how fortunate for us to have such a variety to choose from, only thing we need to figure out is how do we get to hear them?
Thanks in advance.
pedrillo
Ascend Acoustics makes some very nice monitors. I currently run Mobile Fidelity's OML-2 towers. Bought on the strength of couple of professional reviewers ... one comparing them to Tyler Acoustics Signatures (which I was considering at the time) and other speakers in the $3-$5K range. Haven't looked back.
i don't know if Gradient will qualify for such a designation but I hear very little buss from this company and imho it deserves wider recognition. I own gradient revolutions after many in & out try out,s and I have no plans on looking elswhere.
I've been using speakers from Daedalus Audio for the past several years, first the original DA-1's and now the most recent DA-1.1's. I was able to audition my first pair at Response Audio in Binghampton, NY (a 10 hour round trip for me) but now Lou only sells direct. Most people hear his speakers at shows like RMAF or The Show in Las Vegas. Some of Lou's more enthusiastic customers (like myself) are always willing to have prospective buyers over to hear his speakers in our homes. Finally, Lou has a retail shop where he sells his speakers and other gear outside Seattle. Lou's speakers offer high sensitivity (97-98db), authentic tonality and dynamics and are handcrafted from renewable hardwoods--they are simply gorgeous. There are several (I'm told very favorable) reviews poised to appear on the internet mags so he may not qualify as "cottage industry" material much longer but for now I think Daedalus is sufficiently off the beaten path to qualify for your post.
How do you hear them? You rely upon the generosity of those who post their system on Audiogon and are willing to host you over to listen to their system. I love my GMA Callistos, and would allow anyone seriously interested to stop by and listen to Roy's work - as well as a turntable by Chris Brady, cables by Jim Aud, and most of my electronics courtesy of Charles Hansen.
If Zu is still obscure, I'll recommend you investigate their products. It would be fair to say they act obscure.