Is two Subs better than One?

What is the general consensus? And why?
hamburg
The default THX is 80Hz which can be customized to a diff number by the Anthem setup menu. I have tried various frequencies like 50, 60, 70, 80,90 ... and for my front speakers, I set it to 70Hz for music mode. I set it 80Hz for cinema mode. For other speakers in the system, I just use THX, which is 80Hz.
If you have large front speakers which can handle low frequency without distorting the sound, you can have it lower to 80Hz. Or if your speakers are so small, 100Hz can be set so the sound is cleaner.
If I have one sub, I would try to set it around 60Hz so more bass can be pumped out at my main speakers. But it again depends on how low the speakers can handle.

Cheers,
Lynhnn you split right and left out of Pre Amp into two pairs and run each pair to each Sub. Therefore the right Sub becomes the right channel and left, the left channel.
Each sub needs to be equalized separately. The DD series connects the master to the slave by a serial cable to control volume. Richard
Dear Samuellaudio: Some Preamps and processors come with two main outputs but if yours comes only with one pair then you have to use a Y connector where the left output goes to the left sub and the right output to the right sub, that's all.

Some preamps comes with a tape loop design where you have one pair of line outputs where you can take the additional " signal " to the subs instead the Y connector.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.