To biwire or not to biwire, that is the question??

Thanks for taking the time to read. I have sifted through the mound of information regarding biwiring but have yet to come to a clear yes or no on the matter.

My question is as follows: Using a single 2CH amplifier run to speakers that are set-up to biwire utilizing a biwire cable (2 connections amp end/ 4 connections speaker end)should return no greater result than running a single wire to that same speaker and utilizing jumpers??? My reading suggests that unless you are bi-amping, simply taking the source of the signal at the amp, (2 connections) and splitting that into (4 connections at the speaker) is not positively affecting the sound?? Bi-amping on the other hand may return an improved sound as the signals are isolated and could affect the resistance of the load?

So I guess what my reading has indicated is that if you are only running a single amp (2 connections) to a bi-wire ready speaker (4 coonnections) you are really paying for a cable that has additional ends but should return no great end product as the signals are technically not distinct as in the case of using 2 ampsor an amp set up for bi-amping?

Any thoughts are welcome as this seems to be an endless debate???
nissancrazy
agree with trial and error. i added some jm reynaud cantabile speakers to my system and found some big differences in sound with how i wired them. this was the first bi-wire speakers i've had, and had no idea on the best way to set these up. first round was using a single wire cable from the amp to the high frequency connections on the speaker with the factory jumpers to the low frequency terminals. the sound was extremely bright and fatiquing. after 2 days, i switched the single wire cable to the low freq terminals with the jumpers in place for the high freq terminals. this was much better- more bass, very enjoyable sound. due to the differences i discovered, i decided to bi-wire them and found even more improvement. more clear, with a more balanced sound.
I've heard many different opinions on this. Vienna Acoustice, for example, doesn't even allow bi-wiring on their speakers. Dali, on the other hand, allows for tri-wiring even though you can't find tri-wired cables. I have a pair of Soliloquy floorstanders with Tara The one bi-wired cables and they're my all time favorite cables. I've owned many. Would The One's sound as good or better single wired? I'm not sure.
Try bi-wire. Remove the jumpers on the speakers. Listen and tell us what you hear. I heard a large improvement. You won't know unless you try.

ET
Yes you should bi-wire. It sounds better to me... for an explanation go to Vandersteen.com. All his speakers are designed for bi-wire operation, and they all sound better that way
I've bi-wired my various speakers for years and really believe the benefits are substantial. I think it is crucial to actually use two sets of cable per speaker vs. a single cable with bi-wire ends. The added clarity and dynamics in my system are clearly audible and even though the Co. that makes my speakers no longer believes in the benefits( according to their dealer) I suspect it is more in the way of cost-cutting than anything else.