Which speakers will fill 5,000 cubic ft coherently

In porevious threads I've bemoaned the fact that my Kharma 3.2 FEs don't fill the room, 17 X 23 X 15 ft ceilings with a vertical enough soundstage, as though the speakers are literally too small. I have been advised to raise them,which I have done, , I have told to get taller, line arrays, even given names of custom speaker makers. Any specic recommendations from those that have had, and have conquered, this issue.
springbok10
>>03-18-08: Mustagefan
The perfect speaker for is the LS9 by AV123 it is 8ohm.<<

I just spoke to AV123. It hasn't even been assembled yet, although the GR Research model is available in kit form. So, not exactly ready to buy!!
I think some people are stretching the point about tube amps not working well with sub-8 ohm loads. As a rule OTL designs prefer high impedance loads, but tube amps as a whole can work perfectly well into lower impedance speakers. If you take into account the output impedance of the amplifier you'll find that most tube amps work best with speakers that have smooth impedance responses. But that is also the case with most transistor based amps. With the proliferation of single end triode type amps, which as a group don't do low impedances, all tube amps are being unfairly tainted as incapable of driving real world speakers. Any number of Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, VTL, Manley, EAR, etc. amps thrive on driving low impedance speakers.
Oops...sorry...
I meant to direct my comments concerning the Woodmeres and OTL's, to Springbok10.
This is the most interesting thread in a while....what a conundrum of imposed constraints (amplification equipment, speaker placement, and loud unstrained sound to fill a large space, and not least of all the WAF factor). All understanable constraints but nevertheless making this problem fairly unique!

I'd suggest another option: biamping! Why not use an active filter to split the preamp signal to allow the beautiful 58 tubes to drive the midrange and tweeter of a nice dynamic three or four way. Then use a big bad boy SS amp on the woofers...and caboom - you got the smoothness and clarity you want in those tubes with the ooomph you need for a large space for blissful unstrained dynamic sound (not only will the big bad boy amp driving big woofers fill the room in mind bending accurate bass but you will ease the strain on the amplification to the mids and tweet, which can play louder and sweeter too!)

...anyway I just thought I'd toss that idea in....
Post removed