Innersound Speakers

Anyone heard how these sound off axis. I know that they loose something, but so does every speaker.

Ken
drken
"i am not foisting my preferences upon anyone. i respect all points of view. i realize that taste is what it is and it varies . put 3 audiophiles in a room and you may get 4 opinions"

Exactly Mrtennis - and there is nothing wrong with use of "IMO". And of cource we ALL have our preferences, as well as different tases. And that is FINE.

However it would be wise to choose our words more carefully
(not one of my strongest points) > trust me, on few occasions I have blow up my (Hi-Fi tuning) fuses.

As for that perfect speaker that you are looking for.....well - would not be just easier to enjoy some music
then occupying your mind with speakers that might not exist.

Maybe, just maybe one should ask:
WHAT, WHEN AND HOW MUCH IS IT GOING TO TAKE - TO ENJOY MY MUSIC ???
different strokes....mr saunders video is the only one on agon that doesn't come off like parody....not at all professor irwin corey-like
I own MKII Eros and never was bothered by any feeling of bass speed but I dont get hyper critical and strive to enjoy the music.
Some years ago I compaired the innersound eros mark 1 speakers with the then top of the line ML Requests (same room and electronics) and the innersound electrostats were much cleaner, faster and had much better bass. Since then, both innersound and ML have made improvements. While ML has a wider sound stage, I don't move around when I'm doing serious listening so innersound would be my preference. However, I do like some of the ML offerings especially the older CLS speakers and the SL3. The innersound electrostats were the only speakers (along with sound labs) that I've heard in a realistic price range that could compete with my now defunct modded Dayton Wright electrostats.
It's a pleasure to read and hear the different voices and perceptions on Dr. Sanders' ESL engineering. We currently use the Eros in our main system, driven by Henry Wolcott's CA-250 tube monoblocks. They do 225Watts per side and drive the Eros quite beautifully overall. I listened to various traditional cone drivers and electrostats over the years, including SoundLabs. Although the Eros are comparatively impeccable in woofer/esl integration and synchronicity of performance to the music, they do have an unbelievably acute sweet spot. But the engineer himself confesses to this trade-off.

As has been expressed already: Dr. Sanders -- the dedicated engineer and frank human being that he is -- reveals that life has its compromises. When I sit and listen to a beautiful piece by Miles Davis or the stunning vocal range of Renee Fleming, I listen in awe at the sonic precision. However, one can not get something for nothing.

My neck and head take quite the strain sometimes; but, imagine a fighter jet pilot or a formula one driver: cutting-edge high performance can tax the human body, whether it be a pilot pulling nauseating g's, a formula one driver forced into a cockpit smaller than an oil barrel, or a listener whose system requires that his head remain in a vise grip. Beautiful engineering, bleeding-edge performance: Costly demands.

Cheers and happy listening to all. Long live audio engineering in advancement of the Sciences & Arts!