Innersound Speakers

Anyone heard how these sound off axis. I know that they loose something, but so does every speaker.

Ken
drken
it is ludicrous to say that because i criticize the design of a hybrid electrostatic speaker, i have validated his design. it is also illogical.

i never said that a full range electrostatic speaker is superior to a hybrid. i only stated my preference.

roger sanders is a nice person, but he is not the only designer of electrostatic speakers.

i did not denigrate his knowledge as a speaker designer, but it seems unprofessional to call someone a liar.

anyway, this entire situation seems to be a tempest in a teacup. it really has nothing to do with you, trelja, and now the case is closed. i have no more to say. the event happened about two months ago. i'll move on and i suspect, you will too.

by the way, i touched that you are concerned about my speaker selection.
I have been a member here for almost 7 years now and sometimes I just can't help but jump in a little....Boy, if I was back in the dirty dozen days here at AudiogoN and could come out as AJ; I'd jump in with both feet, but I need to behave, so I am taking a deep breath....and being a good girl... as best I can.

so instead, here's the intro right from AudiogoN's coverage page from T.H.E. Show this year and a link to the interview.

"Roger Sanders, inventor of the curved electrostatic loudspeaker, will make you rethink everything you always thought you knew about stats. He sure did (rethink everything) to the point of abandoning his own invention for a contradictory philosophy. His logic is irrefutable, his speakers are infallible, and his electronics are unstoppable. Check out this video for a crash course on electrostatic myths and mating."
http://live.audiogon.com/events/the2008/vids/Sanders_room.html

peace out,
Angela alias AJ
To Mrtennis
Unfortunately,
that's what happens when the axe meets the stone.
----------------------------------------------------

Joe, Angela(nice name butaway)

Agree with you 100%.
I have met Roger Sanders during CES in January.
He is a real gentelman, honest, down to earth kind of guy.
I listend to his new speakers and liked what I heard.
-----------------------------------------------------
hi mrjstark:

when the axe meets the stone, the axe gets sharper, or , the stone facilitates the sharpening of the axe.

i just spoke to roger today. discussed a possible full range electrostatic speaker. different ears in different gears.

roger is indeed a gentlemen. ijust find listening to cones and panels a problem.
"ijust find listening to cones and panels a problem."

Then, stop listening to them.

BTW, IME, stacked Quads will not do 35hz @ 85db. Maybe down about 10 to 20db

Thought you'd want to know.