Stereophile review of Escalante Fremont

Has anyone read Stereophile review (Feb '08) of Escalante Design Fremont spkrs ?
Reviewed by Larry Greenhill & measured by Jon Atkinson .

How come they make a review of the spkrs without proper setup :
- LG didn't attached the stand spikes because of his new wood floor & put some bad comments (nasal / coloured tonal).
- JA measured the spkrs with above condition .
- No information if the spkrs burned-in

In my experience , result could be very sensitive for full range spkrs setup ( freq. resp : 18 hz - 50 khz ) .

How can such a great magazine editor allow to publish review with above condition ?

Really different with Positive-Feedback (by Greg Weaver) & Stereo Times (by Dave Thomas & Greg Petan) reviews .
This three reviewers has bought Fremont after made the review .

Seems our international respectable Stereophile magazine has a lot of degradation in their quality .
Is there politics inside this magazine ?
What a waste review ... i think ...
riwin_h
Jkalman,

If you want nicely recorded drums...try particularly DoctorFunk "Can't fight the funk" or to a lesser extent ToP "Oakland Zone" or Strokeland Superband "Jump on the Millenium" - I forget which ones were arranged by Chester Thompson (legendary drummer) but as you can imagine with David Garibaldi on drums they want you to hear every sublime detail...and you CAN!!!
Nilthepill and Jkalman - cool - let me know if you like this sound - I know of more albums with drums that are recorded this way. It is quite different from the way most rock drums are recorded (heavy plodding - kick and toms). Oakland Zone is a tad overcompressed by Vlado Meller - certainly more than I like - but it still sounds great! In the same genre you have Strokeland's "Bumped up to First Class", which was mastered by Gavin Lurssen - previously of Mastering Lab fame - Doug Sax's (Sheffield Labs) protege.
Nil & Jkalman - If you like a fuller souding drum recording (rock style) that will make your Watt Puppies/DAL's punch you in the stomach on the kick then try George Benson "On Broadway (live)" from Weekend in LA......probably the best recording of live drums that i have ever heard - no compression on this recording - so you can crank it and the sky is the limit!!!