Best Speakers to match Ayre V-1xe and K-1xe

I've listened to a lot of options in the last 3 weeks. Wilson Sophias and Watt Puppy 8's, Dynaudio C2's and C4's, Avalaon Indras. I wish I could hear Vandersteen 5a's but no local dealer. Does anyone who knows well or owns Ayre gear comment on the best fit?
mmike84
My current setup is the Ayre models you mention paired with the Dynaudio Sapphires. The Ayre's are completely new in my environment, and it's all set up in a new room / house. Early returns are excellent :-) I really like the C4 at $9000 or so used, which seems to be what they go for, but if money isn't as valuable to you as keeping the wife happy, the Sapphires are considerably more wife-friendly, and they're less than the WP8's.

Another question - is your K1xe equipped with the phono stage and do you play vinyl?
Yes. I'm about to move in to Vinyl as we speak. If you know is a VPI Scoutmaster a good table to try? I thought the Sapphires are more than the C-4's? Keeping the wife happy is not draining the bank account to feed my heroin/stereo equipment addiction.
I think the VPI Scoutmaster is an excellent table to try - it's obviously a very popular line, there is a lot of support for it, and it is widely reviewed positively.

The Sapphires are less, retail, than the C4's, but the C4's are available used for under $10K and the only way to get the Sapphires at this point is to pay their retail price of $16.5K. It's a great litmus test for the significant other, though - they currently cost more to obtain, but they are a far better looking speaker for the domestic environment. I like the looks of the C4, but it is very large.
You may also want to consider Sonus Faber speakers. They sound great with Ayre gears. Currently have the MX-R driving SF Memento and they sound excellent. Have also demoed V1xe driving SF speakers, they also match well. Wife acceptance factor is also great as these speakers look very nice.