Pass amps: newer xa30.8 or older xa60.5 ?

I'm always intrigued by choices we have as consumers when companies introduce new models after a successful run of a popular lineup.

In this case we have the choice in the used market between the newer .8 series stereo model going for about the same price pre-owned as a used monoblock set of the highly regarded xa60.5.

Which would you choose?
abrew19
This is a rather personal choice, and there will be many different responses. Similar to would you buy a new or used car, much of it depends on disposable income, and how much you want to stay on the cutting edge of technology, and how much you are willing to pay for that privilege.

For me, I'd buy the XA60.5, because I would lose the least amount of money on resale. I enjoy playing with expensive toys, but I can't afford to lose a lot of money while doing it.

If there is one thing I know about myself after 35+ years in this hobby, it's that there will always be resale. If money had less value to me, I'm sure that the XA30.8, or hell, even the XA200.8 would be very intriguing.

Cheers,
John
Hello Abrew19,

I owned a pair of XA-60.5's for over five years. I then reviewed for hometheaterreview.com the new XA-60.8's and bought the review pair. For details why I think the .8 series is a significant upgrade read my review. So, I would would go for the XA-30.8 over the XA-60.5's.
The listening room is about 15x24 and speakers are B&W Matrix 803 s2. They're being driven fine with my Pass x250.5 AB model but I have a wandering eye for the class A models. I already understand the pros/cons of AB vs A. I actually also have an older Aleph 5 I sometime us, so the XA idea is just an idea.