What does more power do for Magnepans?

I have Magnepan 3.5 speakers with a Plinius 9200 integrated. I think the sound is quite good but I always hear that Maggies love alot of power. I am curious and considering a Plinius P8 to biamp with the 9200. What difference could I expect to hear with more power? Any opinions?
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal
how is a speaker driven to hard with a 30 watt power amp at 72 db, if for example it is rated at 85 db/1 watt/1 meter ?
i would understand trying to produce 85 + db, subject to room size as perhaps being a problem, but not 72db.
I've powered my 1.6 speakers with as little as 35 watts and as much as 200+ watts of class A power. Low power is fine as long as it is high current and you listen to voice or small jazz and chamber groups. If you have a large orchestral piece that has great dynamic range you will want plenty of high current power. I have no doubt that you can get wonderful sound with a few watts but I believe some music requires more current and power or the maggies will sound congested. I'd rather go with high current, high power amplification (SS) and a good tube preamp.
Your 9200 has pre-outs and 200wpc. If you were to purchase a Plinius P10(also 200wpc) you could bi-amp very simply. Magnepan offers an optional bi-amp x-over for the 3.6/R, and I'll bet one is also available for the 3.5. You might give them a call and check.
Your 9200 has more than enough power, current and finesse. Put your money towards something else.
Rf_gumby..."As you add devices to gain power, you lose delicacy, kind of a trade off".

This has been repeated so many time that it's almost become true! Have you ever seen an elephant dance? Or manipulate things, like a paint brush, with delicacy you wouldn't expect from that huge trunk.