Room Treatments and WAF? Long

Living area with H/T and 2 channel combined. This is our main room for everything. It is 22'6" W by 16'9" with the h/t on the long wall. Wall to the right is only 3'6" tall and joins to the kitchen. Left wall is the fireplace(never used). Rear wall is a big problem. Two large windows (roughly 3'w x 5't) with a french door between them. Cathedral ceiling, carpetted floors with a large sectional couch positioned 12'from the front wall.

I know that the room needs treatment. Particularly the first reflection points but wondering if I can treat just the left wall since the right is so short and open to another room.

The biggest problem I think is the rear. All that glass! Significant other does not want curtains but could probably be persuaded if I could come up with something that would allow her to have the open look when she wants it. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Steve
scoly1
Steve, hopefully before 2008 is over there'll be a DIY self-help DVD available. You heard the power. It takes an expert to get the last percentiles of performance, BUT I'm convinced that a persistant audiophile can get 90% of his or her system's potential. (I think most serious audiophiles are only enjoying 30-50% of that potential).

Keep a lookout for the DVD. I'll post an announcement here as soon as it's available.

Dave
Dave:

You are right that you can get--well I don't know about 90%, but certainly way above 50% with a lot of reading and DIY methods. We have a whole section of our website devoted to acoustical resources. Most are free, some very reasonable, like certain books we recommend.
I'm interested in the DVD. It sounds like it might be another great resource which we would also want to add to our site.
Rives, you'll be one of the first to know when the DVD is ready.

Yes, we're hoping that we can get most diligent audiophiles to that 90th percentile, but that remains to be seen. I'm glad to see that you agree that above 50% is a reasonable target. We strongly agree on that and think it would be a tremendous benefit for many frustrated audiophiles.

Dave