Best Towers Under $4,000 / pair

I am in the market for a new set of towers. Currently I am running some older Celestions and it is time to upgrade. My amp/pre-amp are Mcintosh Solid State (MX119 & MC252).

50% of my listening will be old rock & country LPs
20% CDs and/or digital sources
30% Home Theater

I will by new or slightly used and would like to stay under $4000, most preferably under $2500.

I am considering, but haven't yet auditioned.

PSB Synchrony 2
Paradigm Signature S6
Paradigm Studio 100
Gallo Reference 3.1
B&W 700 series (New)
B&W 800 Series (Used)
Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Grand or Beethoven Baby Grand
Von Schweikert VR-2 (Used)

I am new to the forum here and I understand that my ears will ultimately make the decision, but I would like to hear any helpful comments or recommendations.

Thanks for your help
jerko
stretch a little more - SAlk HT3's
or the HT2's in your price range
the Song Towers well under your price

exquiste cabinets, exceptional sound
direct from the builder

http://www.salksound.com/

plenty of reviews here
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?board=82.0
That is a good price point. Consider the VMPS RM-30s. That is what I settled on. I also liked the Totem Acoutic Forests and Martin Logans. Tetra makes a nice little speaker in that range. And you really should consider the Zen Acoustic Adagios.

Consider used.
Here is another vote for the Acoustic Zen Adagio's. Also, Klipsch and McIntosh work very well together. Klipsch Cornwalls are worth a demo. Currently using a McIntosh system with Adagio Jr's. and Cornwalls.
Best of luck!
I think the Vienna Acoustics, B&W 800 series, and the Gallo's are outstanding speakers. To me, the Paradigm speakers (at least the Studio line) do not quite measure up to the others. As other people mentioned, the Totem line and Von Schweikert are good options. The VR4 Jrs. used would probably be a better option within your budget than the VR2's. I've seen the VR4's on Audiogon for under the $2500 starting point you've mentioned. As for the Totem's, the Hawks and Forests may both appear small, but they can create a lot of sound for their size.