Best new loudspeaker

I have heard many loudspeakers ,I own Magnapan , and
a Aerial 10-t . This new loudspeaker I heard at great lengths and many agree is from a new company called
NSR -Sonic Research the D-3 Sonata was absolutely killer
and they were saying the wiring and crossover are not even final as of the Jan show . parts quality is excellent in the Silver finish I saw,for a speaker under $5k to create such a soundstage presence with bass that had articulation and impact is beyond me how they do it ,I am told it is a
sealed focal lens .They will be selling by March ,I for sure will be saving my bucks, this is one loudspeaker to watch ,I am already selling my 10-ts.
audiophile1958
thank you drew. i should have been more specific.

what i meant to say is that i might be interested in auditioning a non-panel speaker that would fool me into thinking that i was listening to a panel.

i'm not sure that the speakers you mentioned could completely emulate a pair of stacked quad 57 or apogee suettta signature.

i heard the emerald physics speaker at the show. i was not impressed

>what i meant to say is that i might be interested in auditioning a non-panel speaker that would fool me into thinking that i was listening to a panel.

Try the Orions (I own a pair) - they have a very similar midrange but don't suffer from panel limitations.

I'm extrapolating more towards the rest of the dynamic driver dipoles.
Try the Orions (I own a pair) - they have a very similar midrange but don't suffer from panel limitations.

I have not heard them - but I agree that this design will definitely sound closer to MrTennis's prized Quad's than most conventional box speakers. Of course, I have been shouting to the rooftops about radiation patterns, for some time already!.

It is the way the lower half of the midrange behaves that is so distinctive about the sound of these designs compared to conventional boxes. Without going into technical details MrTennis should hear a very spacious sound (correctly placed) with the odd note of an instrument jumping out at you - just as it does in a concert hall due to the dimensional/room effects.
hi shadorne:

i have never noticed a note jumping out at me. perhaps, it is because my favorite location is the last row orchestra.

cone speakers, with some exception tend to sound like i am listening in the first row, or at best mid hall.
MrT, I've done a lot of recordings in halls and watched major labels at it too. They all put the mics up towards the front, so as to give you the perspective of the 'best seat in the house'. IOW if your equipment gives you a different perspective, then something isn't right! So what I get from your post is that you hear cone speakers having a more accurate soundstage presentation, but not one you **prefer** as you like to sit in the back?

Could you comment on that?