Best new loudspeaker

I have heard many loudspeakers ,I own Magnapan , and
a Aerial 10-t . This new loudspeaker I heard at great lengths and many agree is from a new company called
NSR -Sonic Research the D-3 Sonata was absolutely killer
and they were saying the wiring and crossover are not even final as of the Jan show . parts quality is excellent in the Silver finish I saw,for a speaker under $5k to create such a soundstage presence with bass that had articulation and impact is beyond me how they do it ,I am told it is a
sealed focal lens .They will be selling by March ,I for sure will be saving my bucks, this is one loudspeaker to watch ,I am already selling my 10-ts.
audiophile1958
MrTennis, I have a customer who would disagree with you. He plays, or played, violin in a symphony in either Vermont or New Hampshire (I can't remember which). Prior to auditioning SoundLabs, he told me that the only speaker he had ever heard get his instrument right was his personal pair of tricked-out original Quad ESLs. He brought 90 discs to the audition, and over the course of two days he listened to portions of 80 of them (the other 10 were SACDs and I didn't have an SACD player). When we were through, he told me that not only did the SoundLabs get his instrument right, they also got the cello and double-bass right, which he said he'd never heard any speaker do before.

Duke
ask david chesky the same question about sound labs vs quads. this is the first time i have ever heard anyone suggest that any sound lab speaker was closer to the real think than the original quad esl.

i suppose it is a matter of perception. there is no absolute answer to this question without a reference
to compare to the recording.
the only true full range electrostat loudspeaker is the Big Soundlabs which are excellent .

Indeed Big Soundlabs is what Gordon Holt used for many years until he got his current ATC SCM 50 ASL....I guess he has enjoyed many speakers over the years and reviewed more than most, however he is apparently extremely happy with these particular cones...perhaps its just the ice cream or syrup?
"for example, while i have heard many cone speakers, i am skeptical that i would like a cone speaker that i have not heard, based upon my vast experience"

I wish I had your vast experience MRT. As an admitted lover of panel speakers, I once decided to get out of the house a little more, and surprisingly discovered that what I really enjoy and not enjoy has pretty little correlation with underlying technology; rather, I found some moderate correlation with the 'house sound' of particular designers/manufacturers; yet more often than not, I simply fall in love with one particular model. . . but then. . . my problem is that I may be an empiricist with a strange distrust of inductive thinking.
MrTennis, I've played string bass since 7th grade, piano since I was 3 (I was getting lessons that early :/ ), guitar since 6th grade and flute since 6th grade. More recently I've added a variety of synthesizers...

(http://www.myspace.com/salubriousinvertebrae and http://www.myspace.com/thunderboltpagoda)
-obviously I am still playing. I've also been producing CDs and LPs for the last 22 years. Of course, none of **that** makes me an authority about sound :), but-

By no means does a Quad play all those things right, regardless of the amplifier driving it, even one of ours. It lacks bass performance, is dynamically restricted, is not the last word in transparency and is rolled-off on the highs. Not to say that its a bad speaker- I think they sound great! and I like them a lot. But *I* think the speakers I have at home sound better as they are equally transparent, have frequency extension, way more dynamic range and set up easier in the room (meaning I get better room interaction).

Now- you have to admit you have a preference (and not because I say so, simply because it *is* so); that the Quad is in fact not the **best** speaker around, even though it is excellent, that your feelings about the speaker are in fact your own opinion.

OR- take back all your comments about how there is no 'best amplifier'.