Have you heard the new VS VR4 Anniversary Edition

I'm sure it is at CES or T.H.E. show. I am looking forward to hearing about them! Are the forward firing tweeters in it different from the ones in VR4jr. Thanks
128x128elb
The all USA assembled Anniversary is now in the same league as their larger siblings in terms of clarity and pitch definition except now you don't need a huge room like you would with a VR-4SR mk.2. It appears they are now using the same Scanspeak Revelator tweeters as those used in the original VR-7 HSEs as well as a smaller version of the Audax mid drivers used in the SRs on up to the VR-11s.

I went to show with VR-4 Mk.2s last year. The A's are a huge step forward.

What surprised me at CES was that they were running it with a ~20 watt 300B push pull (or is it parallel) from Audiospace. While I think 20 watts was enough for the Venetian suite I did hear the amps glare on some loud passages. I'm sure given a bit more juice the Jr. A's would have been even more impressive.

Too bad the new UniField line from VSA was only on static display.
Does anybody know how the $6,000 African Hazelwood VR4 Anniversary Edition compares in sound to the more expensive Piano Black VR4 Anniversary Special Edition? I'm sure that they both sound great, but I wonder how much difference there is in sound. Do they both have all of the same drivers. Thanks again!
Those of you at the show probably know that the APL player was being used in that room. On Thursday afternoon about 3:30 just before the end of the event, an APL prototype tube hybrid was put in the system in place of the Audio Space. I was on the end of the couch listening when Albert sat in the middle (sweet spot) and took a serious listen. He got up and took Alex Peychev aside for a talk.
I can tell you that the APL amp took those speakers up to a much higher level. The clarity was the most obvious improvement with a more three dimensional presentation. It was an obvious difference.
The Audiospace 300B pp integrated sounded very impressive with the VR4 Anniversary, especially it's only about $4k. Didn't see the APL hydrid there. For sure it'll be for a bundle considering it's APL. Their 3.0 NWO cd player there is going for $30k!
Hi M-mibby. I was told the Audiospace is $4700.00. The APL hybrid integrated is supposed to be $5000.00. I believe it uses the ecc99 tubes and has 85 or 90 wpc and is able to drive difficult loads.
I too thought the sound in that room was good with the audiospace but when the APL integrated went in it all came together and showed what the VR4 Anniversary were capable of. Besides the noticable difference in clarity as I mentioned above, a slight upper midrange glare disappeared and the bass went deeper as well.
When this amp is availabe, I'm sure that Alex Peychev will have another big hit. Especially for the price.