Recommend a forward speaker

Apologies in advance for cross posting this on AA as well, but figure there might be some different suggestions over here.

When I say forward, I mean the music is presented forward on the stage, NOT necessarily bright (but could lean that way).

I've got a pair of Verity Audio Parsifals, and they are not forward, and although I love their coherent and open sound, sometimes I feel like the stage is just too far back. I've done a lot to bring it forward: silver cables (Stereovox), Amperex 6922 in my amps, Canary ca 160 amps, Emm front end, still, the basic character of the speakers are still laid back. The soundstage at this point is probably about 3 to 4 feet behind the plane of the speakers. I prefer it at or slightly forward the plane of the speaker. That's what I get for buying without listening first. Although, honestly, it took some listening to finally put my hand on this. I was so taken aback by their beautiful, open sound, it was hard to understand their presentation fully.
128x128dennis_the_menace
I owned some Altec 19's for a couple of years. The stereo image is fairly forward and the speaker (a horn with a big cone woofer) is not bright. Good tight bass. The forward part of the image was on a plane with the fronts of the speakers. I understand this is not unusual for speakers with horns (when they are done right).
Lots of suggestions. Thanks everyone. Couple specific response:

Wilson: out of my price range. I need to be able to swap the Verity for the new speaker without losing money.

Merlins: heard them, not sure they'd work in my room, which is sort of large (open loft style apartment). Also, the bass on Merlins was just too nonexistent for me. I don't like boomy bass, but there needs to be something there. The Parsifals are perfect in this regard.

ATCs: the active or passive versions?

Virtual Dynamics: I've done a bunch of cable swapping. It's helped tweak the margins, but overall the sound doesn't change much. I can't imagine that I 'll be able to move the soundstage forward that much w/ a change in speaker/power cables. Am I wrong?

Horns: others on AA have suggested some JBL and other horns. Not sure I'll maintain good tone w/ horns. I love the tone of the Parsifals. Just wish it wasn't so far away!

What do folks think of:
- Usher
- Piega
- Audio Physic
as possible speakers to hear that might fit the bill?
beware of what you wish, for you may achieve it and be fatigued after a while. what is initially attractive may become tiring at some point.

you might appreciate the vivid character that you desire, bbut it might be stimulus overload after some period of time. approach your goal with caution.
I think you would love Focal/JM Lab Electra or Utopia speakers with the Be tweeter. They have absolutely incredible realism, which is something I have never found in laid back speakers. So I know exactly where you are coming from.

The Electras are slightly faster and more forward than the Utopias. From the looks of your room, the new 1037Be would be my choice in terms of cost, frequency extension, technology, style and build quality - and they will love your amps.

Arthur