Revel Salon 2 versus WP 8

Anyone done a comparison?
psacanli
I am afraid it is on paper as well.

Yes, and outside your hearing range, unless you are prepubescent. Considering your comments, that is a possibility I am contemplating.

I invite you to point out some specific places on some specific albums where you heard this phenomenon. I admit, I am baffled by your conclusions and want the opportunity to listen to this problem myself. That shouldn't be too hard if you are basing this on an actual instances and not just prospecting via graph. Let us all learn from your experience. I'll gladly eat crow if I can't find other valid reasons for the idiosyncrasies using Adobe Audition and my alternate studio monitor setup. I'm not above admitting I am wrong; I'm only human...

I also entreat you to stop confusing my writing style with condescension. Perhaps it is just a case of your kettle calling this pot black... A case of terminal hypocrisy on your part.

You were right about one thing, I do leave arguments when I get bored. I'm sorry if you have bored me in the past. ;)

If the W/P 8 placed correct and match with the right component (generally with tube's amps), the sound is superb: rich but not fat, detail yet natural, control and extended.
I heard the Revel Salon 2 in the CES for a brief time, it was one of my best demos. At $22K, I think it's the best value for money together with the Magico V3.
Still, the W/P 8 is more involving than the Salon 2.
Very typical response. All open for a discussion
I'm not above admitting I am wrong; I'm only human
but then again, not really
I'm sorry if you have bored me in the past
Make up your mind. In the mean time, go listen to any decent violin or soprano recording and see how much of it you can take on your Watt. Then try the same on the Salon or even better the V3.
And yes, I know that a violin high note is only around 3.5K but its harmonics easily excites the break-up modes of the Watt. What you should hear is clear audible “grain” riding the entire treble. It would get worst as you increase the volume. Anyway, I am probably boring you again by now…
while i am not a wilson fan, the w/p tweeter is not at all grainy or harsh. a violin's sound, however, WILL be sharply defined. to some people it sounds "etched", to others it is refreshingly free of distortion. as i said earlier, WITH the right room acoustics and high-caliber components properly matched, the W/P will blow alot of other speakers away. it is these very strict requirements, however, that make buying wilson's a daunting task- to acheive their maximum potential. for those looking for an easier and usually less-expensive path of putting a good system together, i can think of several other speaker designs that ALSO sound startlingly good without quite as much attention to the room and the rest of the audio system, although they will still need something well above NAD or ROTEL electronics. and as stated before, at that point, many people may not be that happy listening to recordings that USED to sound "pretty OK" and will strongly prefer better-sounding records and cd's.