N802 + Velodyne DD-18???

I'm planning to buy Velo DD-18 or DD-15. Did anyone try this combo? Is DD-18 worth 1k$ over DD-15???
srdan01
IMHO, if you need a sub with N802s, either you're not using the right amp or you're using the N802s in an application where you would be better suited to use other speakers with a sub.

Again, just my opinion. I could be wrong. My wife often tells me so.
The 802's only go down solid into the 30hz range.. a subwoofer is an excellent addition, plus this lets you put the 802's where they sound best and the sub where it sounds best! I used to own an F1800XR Velodyne 18" sub and went down to a DD15 and was disappointed (it hit harder but but didn't work as well with music)..... I would definitely spring for the DD18 unless you think later you could go for a Dual DD15 sub setup which really helps out the acoustics.

Otherwise a JL Fathom F13 works quite amazing... compared to both DD15 and DD18, except the room correction is better on the Velodyne.

Oh yeah drop a 25lb bag of #7 lead shot onto of the velodyne and be prepared to be amazed. Isolating the sub on Aurio Pro's, Sistrum stands, or Auralex sub isolator will also enhance your experience.
Post removed