Music to evaluate Speakers and System

I would like to hear about some of the pieces of music or test cd others use to evaluate a system.
rleff
This is a topic that comes up regularly and, after a slow start, garners a fairly long list. The bottom line, however, is that it does not matter what others use since the most important factor is YOUR familiarity with the recording, not its genre or technical issues. The only way to hear anything that will distinguish the sound from what you know is to eliminate as many variables as possible. Using a familiar recording is essesntial. Too bad one cannot use the same acoustics!

Kal
Almost any Wagner, if your system can do any of his operas at full trottle without collapsing than your cooking.
I think the best is to use the Music type you listen to..If you like Female Jazz singers you should use that format..I happen to love Female Jazz singers so thats what I use to evaluate..If you mostly listen to Classical that should be the Format to use..For loud Rock Music I would expect that would be the area you should use..I would think this makes the most sense to me..Maybe not for others...