Modified DCM TFE200's......World Reference Now

I can't believe how much better these speakers sound after I cut out the whole side walls of the midrange chamber...its a night and day difference! All my friends are amazed too.....
hifisoundguy
Sorry....no way to post pictures right now. I will be very busy soon...some of my friends are getting some of these speakers and want me to do these mods on them....They sound DAMN GOOD after these mods are done on them.....
What's the point of "sharing" a great discovery if you're not willing to truly share it?

Alas, I feel this exercise is as much a waste of time as everything else I've ever seen from you HFSG.
If I COULD I would post pictures! This is a very easy mod to do...Take the midrange driver out and everythng inside out. I cut all the wood around the midrange driver leaving only the front baffle. From the top part of the wood down to the bottom of the midrange driver is 7 inches.....you mark off 7 inches all around the sides and back. The front baffle is 1 inch thick...you mark that off all around the sides and top. Now you just cut out what you just marked off to cut out. Next round off the front midrange baffle....they should only be 3/4 of a inch thick of wood from the top of the baffle down to the top part of the midrange driver...use a jig saw to cut this part off! I rounded the wood off half way around the midrange driver. At the ends of of the midrange baffle its rouned off there....I cut the that rounded part of wood off..on the back side of the midrange baffle you can see where to cut this off. Next take out the crossover board and take off the tin hookups from the crossover board and put in the hookup wires from the crossover board out to the speaker cables. Next put the midrange driver back on and hook up the hookup wires going from the midrange driver down to the top hookup wires...for the mids and highs. That's all there is to it your done with this mod! THESE SPEAKERS NOW SOUND SPOOKY REAL...........LIVE!
I had a party last weekend and these speakers were the talk of the party! Now they all want a pair!
I can't wait for the all new BOSE 901's to come out....the older 901's matched up very close to one of the best sounding speakers ever made....the vintage JBL L150A's... http://www.randallareed.com/JBL_150L%20Speakers.htm