Crossover-less Speakers

I'd like to hear from those of you who transitioned to crossover-less speakers. I have a pair of Thiel CS 2 2s. I like 'em but I'm curious about the full-range crossover-less speaker types. I'd like to know what speaker you have and what speaker you traded up from. Are you getting the full range from your spkrs? Are you experiencing any peaks and valleys in the frequency response? Are you happy with the lows or are you augmenting with a powered sub? Thanks.
128x128mdeblanc
Audiokinesis I am not affiliated with Zu in any manner what so ever. I just happen to love the sound of their speakers.

However, I didn't realize Macrojack had an affiliation either and I do agree that full discolsure is a must on this forum.

Mrtennis, I couldn't belive your description of the Zu's. Bright? My one pick with the Zu's is that I think they lack just a bit in the high frequency extension; even with my Onix tube amp. The one thing they're not is bright.

BTW, I can't even get Zu to cut me a deal on a pair of cables. Tried and was told to bid on them when they come up for auction. No discount what so ever for a return customer or even a small discount.

Even one who loves and always speaks well of their product. Sean/Adam, are you listening. ;0)

Serioulsy though, there is no pyrmid scheme IMO. Just plenty of happy customers.
Mrtennis, Trust me were friends.. I have no issue.. Only point was I did not get the outright statement that had ZERO to do with the issue about this guy being a dealer or not,you just decided to attack for whatever reason something that just added to a topic not even part of it, not sure what the agenda is, but its cool we all move on :

"10-01-07: Mrtennis
hi macrojack:

the quad esl stomps on the zu speakers. no cone design ever has or ever will be timbrally less inaccurate.

if you want to attain a very realistic presentation of an instrument, there is no better way than the original quads, especially 4 of them."
Tbj, let us know how like like the Feastrex thanks.

"Different parts of the cone respond at different frequency,"
Assuming the cone is not behaving like a piston. But you don't know that. Even multi-way speakers, 1st order x-over included, can exhibit this. If you cannot hear the improvements in dimensionality and PRAT with a time and phase coherent speaker then stay with multi-way.
Perhaps this is one reason people like tubes. Put some dimensionality back in what the non-time and phase coherent speakers take out.
Further, Tannoy has a white paper on this, when you have 2 or more non-coincident drivers dispersion is compromised. In some areas the drivers cancel each other out. Read any of JA's analysis of speakers and you will see you have to listen below the tweeter's axis or a large suckout develops. A single driver or coincident drivers like Tannoy give the most even dispersion patterns.