Decoupling monitors from a dresser?

What's up, ever-helpful Sages of Sound? I was hoping I could get some advice.

Back-story: I recently moved into a new place, and am shuffling around components. I used to have a 5.1 setup in a room at my fraternity, with the main transport being my computer. Now I'm in an apartment, with the theater in the living room plus a DVD player, and my computer in my bedroom. I've decided to take the rear channels (a pair of Paradigm Titans) and make them into a two-channel setup in the bedroom by hooking them to the computer via an old-but-new NAD receiver. The only practical place to put the speakers in the room is on top of a dresser. While this will be full of clothes to muffle any effects, I'm still worried there will be some resonances induced in the dresser by the Titans.

Real Question: If resonances are noticeable, what's the best way to decouple the titans from the dresser, without lifting them too high off the surface? Cheaper is better, since being a grad student in NYC isn't conducive to writing large checks.

Thanks!
afranke
I would suggest that you position the speakers at the front edge of the dresser as suggested by Shadorne and then I would place a small ball of Blu-Tak or Elmer's Tak 'N Stick (much cheaper and more readily available than Blu-Tak)under each corner of the speaker, then push down on the speaker to smash the ball. I don't know if the purpose of the Blu-Tak is decoupling or coupling, but it will prevent the speakers from moving/falling and it has been recommended in audiophile circles for many years.

Enjoy,

TIC
You can cut up pieces of mousepad which work reasonably well, and are a pretty cheap fix.
Herbiesaudiolab.com
Click on "misc" to get to webpage with
"Extra-Thick grungebuster Mini-Dots," each is $1.19.
Place three or four under each mini-monitor speaker.
Self leveling, no staining, or scratching of dresser.
Reading the rest of the website will be of interest, too.