Question concerning db sensitivity

Someone recently told me that in their experience, in general, that the higher the db sensitivity of a given speaker, the more you sacrifice in terms of sound. In other words, lower db rated speakers [ 86-88 ] typically sound better. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
adman227
There is one small point that one can generalise on: the higher the sensitivity, the more uncompressed dynamic range you can have (note: you "CAN" have. You might not have in practise). How it sounds, is another matter.
The only thing that I've heard about high sensitivity speakers [95+ dB] is that one has to be more careful with the choice of upstream gear, especially the amplifier.
As usual I agree with my friend John(Jmcgrogan2).I Think it is a question of quality and system synergy.I recently sold a pair of Revel F-30 speakers that sounded great with my large Plinius solid state amp.When I switched to Consonance tube amps I found the more sensitive Soliloquy 6.3i speakers to be a better match.Both pair of speakers are excellent when paired with the proper ancillary equipment.

Larry
I'll mention something to consider since it hasn't been addressed in the above posts. Higher sensitivity in a speaker will also result in louder power supply noise passed on to the speakers. This may or may not be audible at the listening position, but if you listen in the nearfield the noise can be substantial.

If you can hear idle hiss such as rf noise in an 85db speaker then consider bumping that noise up by 10db in a 95db speaker.
First the obvious. Sound quality is completely subjective.
As I read it I think this generalization is probably from a source that thinks bass response is correlated with high quality. The SET single driver audio system may be nirvana, the truth, pure etc. to some, but the vast majority think they are hearing very thin sounding speakers. They are high efficiency speakers given that SET amps are as a rule low energy output signal. Admittedly a well designed high efficiency backloaded horn can make satisfying bass. However there is a strong prevalence that bassy sound is better sound if is not muddy, even amongst audiophiles. What are all these subs about? Not just HT.
BTW I think whomever said that pro monitors do not have horns in them should look at what is on the pro/studio market. Lots of horns. Beyond which they are voicing the sound for car radios and earspuds from portable compressed formats. Audiophile labels are almost irrelavent. Except to us. Unfortunately IMHO we don't represent significant money to the media.