VSA speaker owners What did you upgrade to?

To all the VR owners out there, past and present, when or as you felt the desire to press on to another quest for speakerage, Exactly what did you press on and get?

Was it a big diff?

A little diff?

Glad you did it?

or wished you hadn't.

though I felt a need to ask other VSA owners these questions, anyone can chime in and perhaps we'll all get some other perspectives about loudspeaker changes.
blindjim
Duomike
Impressive. that's the first account I've heard about Avantegard or horns themselves, being lesser susceptable to room acoustics. I'll try to remember that bit.

Oz
I am astounded. What? No Sonata IIIs? I understand them to be far different than the IIs. Sure do want to hear how the SE do with your amp.

Tvad
I really did think about that amp. I got the impression that it simply wasn't going to work to my preffs. I just saw it as a bit too agressive for me.
Post removed 
>I am astounded. What? No Sonata IIIs? <

After my experience with the Sonata IIs, I really didn't want to go down that road again.

Oz
tvad, Listening to the thing would have been better. Always.

There are a couple other makers of amps out there with which you can make those arrangements, or at least I've been told personally by a few that could happen... Did you bother to try any other home demos, or just do the Moscode?

I mean if you can try another amp at home for the shipping expense, why pick just the Moscode? try 'em all and damn the press. OR do some homework, ask folks you trust with similar tastes, and go that way. In fact as I've said for some time now, I wanted to go lower powered with richer harmonics and more akin to the SET amps. I saw no refference to those prefs in the article. I think what I'm reffering to is in the conclusions area of the review.

In effect, I am doing an in home trial. Aren't we all? Always? A few other circumstances played a part as well, or the amp I'm about to do about a year trial on would have had a different name on it too.

Although true enough, the 'try before you buy' bit that becomes so often retorted around here is not what presents itself first very often. Other things rise up as advantageous and prevent following that tact. Of course I speak as one with limited funds. were I with deeper pockets, found with greater ease with in the area of transportation, and didn't mind unpacking & repacking and shipping issues. Yep. I'd be all over it.

I spent near three hours online at Fed Ex trying to arrange a shipment. the last hour of which was with technical assistance... and the technician couldn't do it either. So after 3 agents got into the mix... finally it was worked out.

For myself, I've enough headaches. shipping and receiving can and often do provide me more regularly. that's why my door is hinged, and not a turnstyle. They come in but they never leaves... well not for a while.

Oz Well, OK. Good luck with the Supers.