Sealed Subwoofer Recommendation

I am looking for a good sealed subwoofer that'll integrate well with my Dynaudio Evidence Temptation speakers. I have a tremendously large room that suck out bottom 1/2 octave of bass from my speakers and I don't feel like upgrading to Master model and pay five figure more to obtain the bottom 1/2 octave. I've tried Velodyne DD15 and it worked somewhat but found it to be too slow and loose sounding. Up for consideration is JL Audio Fathom F113 that Absolute Sound and Home Theater praised but one of my friends say that this is one of those King Kong subs that is not very articulate and he recommends Focal SW 1000 Be. Anybody heard this? Has anyone heard Zu's Method which is dual 15 inch paper cone sealed subwoofers? How about Martin Logan Descent or VMPS very large array? Or Dynaudio Sub 500?
128x128stereo_phile
I would suggest a pair of JL Audio f113's. I am certain they would resell for what you can find them for new with all the buzz.

I have a pair in my listening room and have never heard a tighter, more musical subwoofer yet.

Now - I haven't heard them all. However, I was skeptical of their "praise" until I heard them. Still makes me shake my head trying to discuss their performance.
If a sub sounds thick then it's crossover is too high. There is no such thing as fast bass. If the bass is fast, it is not bass. The ability to blend with smaller speakers is the job of a good crossover and room setup. Have you ever seen a small bass drum? A small sub, in order to move as much air as a large sub, has to move further than a large sub. Therefore a small sub cannot be any faster than a large sub when making the same amount of bass.
Room acoustics may well play a larger role in determining the quality of bass reproduction in the home than does the relatively small difference between various high-quality subwoofers. An acoustic solution would be to use two or more smaller, high quality subwoofers asymmetrically scattered around the room. Multiple low frequency souces smooths out the in-room bass response. This has been documented by several researchers in the field, and I could provide references if you would like.

Rwwear, I once saw a video of Neil Peart playing what looked like a toy kickdrum as part of his drumkit. The kickdrum was ported!

Duke