Martin Logan Summit and Classical music.........

I owned Innersound Eros MKII stats but have a hard time recalling an impression I would feel comfortable sharing with my dad who seeks new speakers. As he is almost exclusively a Classical music lover would the Summit be a good speaker to check out? Just want to know if I should bother telling him to audition. Audio Research Pre, Esoteric CD, VPI Scoutmaster, Classe mono amps in the chain. thanks
chadnliz
The key to electrostats is a great tube amp (I just got a new McIntosh MC275 MkIV for my CLS's and it sounds even better than my Levinson 23.5) After that, all music sounds totally real.

Summits make using such a tube amp (as the Mac) easy since they provide the SS amp for the bass, so it's pre-biamped so to speak.

Add to that some really clean SS preamp and SS phono pre and you're in biz.
If your dad likes dynamic impact and energy in classical, then the ML would be borderline -- so yes, it's worth auditioning.

I.e., did your dad LIKE your Innersound "ribbon" sound?
Absolutely would have him audition them, BUT, be forewarned their placement needs a fair bit of tweaking to get the most out of them... lots of breathing room (at least 3-4 ft from front wall and 2 ft from side walls), plus need to experiment with toe-in and front tilt/rake angle. With 400 watts of ice-powered woofers per side, the Summits are a new breed of ML. I mainly listen to acoustic and jazz, with some classical thrown in. Everything sounds FANTASTIC.
As the owner of the very first set of "Monoliths" and the Clarity, I would give serious consideration to a set of used Quests. In my opinion they ar perhaps the best value ever produced by Martin Logan! They have a very wide and deep soundstage and excelent tight bass.