Dynaudio C1 Bass

Hi,

I've been playing around with my Dynaudio C1 for quite a while (11 months to be exact) and still found it a bit shy of lower bass. This experience seems to contradict with all the good reviews that I read about this small speaker. I'm using Pass Labs X350.5. Sources include Meridian 588 and Esoteric X-01 Limited SACD.

Thanks.
wilmak
I heard some audiophile comments saying that C1 requires an extensive run in period like 6-9 months with 8 hours playing time per day. Before that, you cannot have descent bass. Any comments on that?
I don't think any speaker will take 6+ months to break in. I have owned many Dyn in the past, they do loosen up after about 100+ hours. Yes, they might improve over time but should not take 6+ months.
"extensive run in period like 6-9 months with 8 hours playing time per day. Before that, you cannot have descent bass."

A blatant lie. Play them overnight for a couple days and you will have "decent bass" as you say.

You haven't really answered these questions...

1. Can you measure them? 1 measurement chart would tell the complete story instantly. Go buy a radio shack SPL meter for $20 or whatever

2. Have you experimented with placement?
I have owned my C1's for about two months now and they have rock solid bass down to the mid 30 hz. range.
Right out of the box they had much more bass output and extension than my previous much larger floorstanding Canton Vento 809's.
The problem sounds like a room/phase related issue.
Going to borrow a radio shack spl from my friend and do some tests next week. But will first try to move around the speakers this weekend.