Comparison of Thiel CS2.4 vs. Vandersteen 3A Sig.

Interested in hearing about any comparisons between these two speakers, Thiel CS 2.4 and Vandersteen 3A Signatures, integration into rooms, ability to drive speakers, sound quality, any new updates or options that should be considered, etc.
audibleguy
Sorry Chad, don't mean to pile on but I've had Thiel 3.6's for several years, 2 systems and many cables, Harsh would not be a description I would use even if not properly matched up. They are very revealing, uncolored IMO which means they pass through what is fed, that is precisely why I am a Thiel owner.

All systems need careful attention to detail to synergize and make music that makes you forget about equipment, Thiels fall in the category of "need a little more work" to accomplish that.
>>To comment on one question, Thiel are more harsh and detailed<<

Could be poor listening skills and/or associated equipment.

Thiels are not harsh.
I've heard both, although months apart and in a different room. I think they both sound terrific. My impression is that the Thiel is quicker with, perhaps, a bit more resolution. Also, I think the Vandy is slightly more coherent and musical. Tough call - I could live happily with either. I would have figured out how to pay for the 3As a long time ago if the WAF wasn't so low. I was ready to pull the trigger on the 2.4s last year but was set back with some unexpected expenses. . . I also know someone who has lived with both. Although he used to prefer the Thiels, he has recently concluded that they tend to overemphasize sibilance and now thinks Vandys are better overall. I have been enjoying my Thiel 1.6s for almost 5 years but have been wanting more bass. I've recently decide to try the new Vandy 2ce Sig II, which is supposed to be nearly identical to the 3A Sig from the midbass up, but in a smaller package.
C'mon guys, pile it on I can take it :)

I am not the first nor the last to have an issue with Thiels.... to each their own.
Given the assumption that each speaker would be set up properly with the proper ancillary equipment, this is probably a chocolate and vanilla issue; however, to MY EARS, the Vandys are easier to integrate into an existing system. IOW, there is a wider range of gear out there that sounds more like what I want to hear. I prefer a more coherent, relaxed sound and to me, the Thiels are more analytical than I prefer.